Welcome to Lou Lou Rioux, the UK's freshest contemporary Long Arm Quilting company.
Many of us love to make patchwork quilt tops, but when it comes to quilting, it can be an awkward and time consuming exercise. Now, thanks to our long arm quilting service, you can now send your patchwork to us for it to be quilted quickly and easily.
With thousands of long arm quilting patterns, we have a choice of designs to compliment your patchwork top, whatever its theme.
Using our top of the range, fully computerised, Gammill Statler Stitcher longarm quilting machine you can be sure each stitch is perfect and accurate to a fraction of a millimetre! Our CAD technology allows us to resize any pattern so it is perfect for each quilt and we can expand each pattern for tighter or looser stitching too. And with dozens of threads colours to choose from, we can really make your quilt come to life!
The company is owned and run by me – Jo Riou – from my studio in Monmouth, South Wales. I’ve been sewing all my life and, whilst I dabble in dressmaking and soft furnishings, patchwork and quilting is my passion. In particular, I love modern quilting and traditional patchwork designs made with modern fabrics. I believe that the choice of quilting should complement and enhance the beauty of the patchwork and fabrics.
Long Arm Quilting services
- Here at Lou Lou Rioux, we specialise in edge to edge long arm quilting. Our website offers a full online ordering service. Please have a browse through our pattern library and when you see a design you would like quilting onto your quilt, simply add it to your basket – you can then choose which wadding you would like, select the colour and brand of thread, and checkout. If you are not local, we can arrange a courier to collect your quilt and deliver it back to you.
- With 1000s of quilting patterns to choose from, we realise, sometimes, the choice can be overwhelming. If you need a little help picking a pattern, just let us know. We can even send you a picture of what your quilt would look like with a pattern sewn before actually stitching it!
- Custom quilting is also available, however we prefer to carry out a face to face in-depth consultation before commencing any custom work – please contact us to arrange an appointment.
- For those of you who love to hand (or machine) quilt yourself, but find it difficult to baste your quilt, we provide a long arm basting service which can also be ordered online – please click on the ‘Basting’ tab above for information.
- To complete your quilt, we can also attach your binding – and hand-finish it if required. We use the double French binding method with mitred corners – please see our FAQ page for details.
- We can provide a full quilt making service too – if you have always fancied having a professional heirloom quilt, hand made to order, please get in touch. From bespoke cot quilts, personalised birthday presents to unique wedding gifts, we can make it happen.